Co-sponsor with Local Office
Groups within 100 miles of a CWS office have the opportunity to be a local co-sponsor. Co-sponsor groups work with agency staff to provide core services to refugee newcomers from a variety of countries. The newcomers are already in the refugee pipeline to the United States and are not specifically matched with co-sponsors until after they arrive. Co-sponsors provide important support for both newcomer clients and office caseworkers.
While the services expected from co-sponsor groups may vary based on the needs of the local office, co-sponsor groups provide eight or more of the following services (needs will vary by office):
- Home evaluation and safety check
- Airport pickup
- Housing and personal safety orientation
- Cultural orientation and assessment
- Assisting clients with the following (as applicable):
- Public benefits applications
- Social Security card application
- Selective Service application
- School enrollment
- Change of address forms
- Medical appointments
- English Language Learner (ELL) enrollment
- Employment services enrollment
For more information about co-sponsoring with your local office, please fill out the form below and a CWS staff member will contact you.
Supporting Local Offices
If you are interested in co-sponsorship or in other ways to get involved with CWS's work, please fill out the form below and a CWS staff member will contact you with more information.
Can't Commit to Sponsorship?
Your local office may have volunteer roles on an as-needed basis. Email your local office using the map below.