CWS partners with foundations and corporations who prioritize community-led responses to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. Our work together reaches communities in 65+ countries and 30+ U.S. cities, often in contexts where there is little outside support. With nearly 80 years of expertise, we have taken a leadership role in shaping and implementing:
- just and sustainable agricultural, WASH and livelihoods practices.
- emergency preparedness, response and recovery in neglected geographies and populations.
- pathways to safety and resilience for millions seeking asylum and refuge around the world.
This work is interlinked, and the cross-cutting support from our partners empowers transformative, innovative and locally-driven outcomes to today’s biggest challenges.
CWS is a registered 501c(3) tax-exempt organization that is audited by independent auditors in accordance with guidelines established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. CWS is reviewed annually by GuideStar, the online standard for nonprofit accountability. Additionally, CWS:
- Has a four-star rating on Charity Navigator
- Is a top-rated charity on Charity Watch
- Meets the 20 Standards for Charity Accountability set by the BBB Wise Giving Alliance.
Most importantly, CWS is accountable to the individuals we assist. Our work is community-driven, with impacted identities represented heavily in our staff makeup, in our partnerships and in our organizational direction. We work for the safety, justice and dignity for all people and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. We do not promote religious conversion or require any profession of faith to be a part of our programs or to receive assistance.