It’s that combination of dread and joy: going back-to-school shopping with your kids. Dread at the thought of not having your little ones at home all day… joy at the thought of not having your kids home. (I kid.) Some conflicting emotions to say the least. But at the end of the day, it’s a time of excitement. The things they will learn! What their futures might hold! All made possible by the power of a good education.
Each little mind needs the right tools to grow. So here’s a thought. While you are throwing what feels like endless folders, pencils, a ruler and erasers into your cart, add a few extra supplies to help another child. A CWS School Kit gives vulnerable children the basic tools they need for school. What’s one more list to add to your back-to-school shopping trip? These simple supplies can be the pathway out of poverty for a child in need.
To assemble a School Kit you will need:
- One pair of blunt metal scissors (rounded tip)
- Three 70-count spiral notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter ruler (12″)
- One hand-held pencil sharpener
- One large eraser
- Six new pencils with erasers
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- One 12″ x 14″ to 14″ x 17″ finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag with cloth handles. (Please, no reusable shopping bags or backpacks.)
Make it a learning experience while you shop with your children. Tell them how together, you are helping a child just like them half a world away to go to school too. I can’t think of a better way to start off the school year.
Angela Rupchock-Schafer, Social Media Manager, CWS