Position Title: Resettlement Program Case Manager
Reports To: Resettlement Program Coordinator
Team: CWS/IRP–Miami Office
Click here to apply for this position.
To provide Pre and Post arrival case management services to refugees through the US Reception and Placement Program and to provide services to eligible clients enrolled in the Matching Grant Program. This position requires knowledge of case management and sponsorship development as it applies to Federal and State funded social services programs.
- Manages refugee cases, ensuring timely delivery of services and fulfillment of requirements outlined in the Cooperative Agreement with Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration and as required by CWS standards and procedures.
- Enroll Cuban/Haitian entrants, Refugees, Asylees and other eligible clients into the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) funded Matching Grant Program and provide orientation, maintenance assistance, and on-going case management services throughout the program service period.
- Maintain and document case files for each case in accordance with the ORR/Matching Grant Program regulations and the Cooperative Agreement with Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration and as required by CWS standards and procedures.
- Provide on-going case management including core services delivery and maintenance assistance services to eligible clients throughout the program service period.
- Coordinate ESL, vocational education, job training, childcare, cultural orientation and other referrals and services, as well as transportation to appointments.
- Coordinate interpretation and translation services to refugee clients.
- Conduct home visits as mandated by the program.
- Prepare and document direct client assistance requests and disbursements.
- Develop and document a budget for each case with expenditures and dates.
- Coordinate employment services, including job orientations, in a timely manner to assist client in achieving self-sufficiency.
- Participate in community events to disseminate program information and recruit potential clients.
- Stays abreast of refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to refugees, using current information to better identify and serve refugee clients.
- Coordinate and assist in apartment set-up for refugees as required.
- Coordinate and provide airport reception for refugee’s through the Reception and Placement Program.
- Works varied hours, including nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the CWS/IRP Director South Florida and/or the Resettlement Program Coordinator.
Education: Associate’s degree or 3 years of relative work experience.
Experience: Previous work experience with refugee resettlement case management or other direct social services and excellent interviewing skills.
Computer literacy, using word processing and database applications. Spanish fluency required. Must have a valid driver’s license and adhere to the CWS Driving Policy.