Position Title: Fundraising and Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Associate Director
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. To help build and maintain a diverse team, CWS actively seeks candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, use of a guide or support animal, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
To articulate the mission of the CWS South Florida Offices. The incumbent is responsible for developing financial resources through fundraising campaigns, individual donors, foundations, grantors, businesses, corporate giving and other financial partners who can provide donations for CWS’ various programs. This position is also responsible for researching/ implementing new strategies such as, grant opportunities and planned giving.
- Build relationships with major donors and companies.
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to corporate and private organizations.
- Layout plans that are well organized and that lead to successful fundraising events and fundraising campaigns.
- Recruit and organize a team of volunteers.
- Performs regular community outreach by disseminating program information and providing updates on the work of CWS.
- Actively build donor lists and maintain a tracking system.
- Promote monthly giving through bank draft and monthly credit card giving.
- Track measured results and outcomes and provide ongoing feedback to the office director. Goals and responsibilities will be updated as considered necessary by the CWS Associate Director.
- Assist in engaging Advisory Board members and other volunteers to identify and cultivate potential donors.
- Works, in consultation with the CWS South Florida Director and Associate Director during quarterly meetings with the Miami Advisory Board.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, human services, non-profit management or a related field or 5 years direct experience in a related field.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience with fundraising strategies, including, but not limited to, executing successful special events and facilitating successful affinity groups. Experience in recruitment and supervision of volunteers. Experience with non-profit management and preparation of funding applications. Strong grant writing skills.
Highly organized, self-starter with strong verbal, written, presentation and training skills. Excellent communication skills, including but not limited to, overall computer experience and marketing, social media and public relations. Ability to work flexible schedule, including early and/or later meetings, as needed.