Position Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Greensboro Site Director
Team: Immigration and Refugee Program (IRP) Greensboro
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. To help build and maintain a diverse team, CWS actively seeks candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, use of a guide or support animal, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for cultivating and maintaining a diverse pool of funding sources for CWS Greensboro. Duties include organizing and administering of CWS Greensboro events, generating and coordinating community support for refugees and developing and organizing fundraising initiatives.
- Work with Greensboro Site Director to determine fundraising needs, develop annual fundraising plan and ensure that annual fundraising goals are met for the Greensboro Office.
- Under the guidance of the Greensboro Site Director, contribute to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and new donors, including individuals, faith communities, foundations, and corporations.
- Work with Greensboro Site Director and other Greensboro Office leadership to identify, develop, write and submit proposals for grant funding.
- Track and monitor donor contributions, including amounts, contact information, relationship to CWS and reason for giving as available.
- Work varied hours, including some night and weekend work.
- Keep informed of refugee and immigration issues, using current information to educate the broader community and raise community awareness.
- Advocate on behalf of refugees and refugee-serving voluntary agencies.
- Represent the program at meetings and speaking engagements relevant to the responsibilities of the position.
- Attend trainings and conferences as requested by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of experience in a non-profit setting. Cultural sensitivity is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be comfortable with public speaking.
Must have outstanding personal communication style, interpersonal judgment, and the ability to produce high quality and compelling written material. The ideal candidate must be a quick study of CWS Greensboro’s past successes and future opportunities, and must be highly entrepreneurial, resourceful, and creative. Must have excellent leadership skills and a strong ability to maintain and grow relationships while working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. The successful candidate must be computer literate, with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word and Access) and internet applications required.