Job Title: Maintenance and Inventory Assistant
Reports to: Business Services Manager
Grade: 2, Non-Exempt
5 days a week: Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 5:00 pm EDT)
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. To help build and maintain a diverse team, CWS actively seeks candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, use of a guide or support animal, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please click here to apply directly online to this position.
This position will report to the Business Services Manager and handle basic building maintenance, warehouse and inventory duties and general office and mailing functions.
- Perform routine maintenance related to the building.
- Fix and maintain equipment and fixtures and recommend when service providers should be secured.
- Assist in the movement of furniture, boxes, equipment and other items as required.
- Handle recycling and confidential shredding, including cardboard, out-of-date materials, aluminum, glass and other materials.
- Sweep, clean, and organize the stockroom and warehouse.
- Order and stock supplies for equipment and office use.
- Handle miscellaneous items like assembling furniture, replacing light bulbs, snow removal, ordering supplies and other items as assigned.
Shipping and Receiving
- Receive and unload deliveries (some will require operation of the forklift).
- Place items in inventory and remove them as requested.
- Pick, pack and ship material and other orders.
- Conduct physical inventory and update the system accordingly.
- Receive, inventory and ship clean-up buckets and kits.
- Meter and process the daily mail and special mailings as needed.
- Order boxes and other supplies for shipping and receiving.
- Scan order documentation.
- Generate and distribute activity reports.
- Pick-up morning mail and assist with mail opening.
- Assist with special mailings, archives and projects as assigned.
- Work with the post office on mailings, depositing checks and other areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Have forklift certification.
- Have a driver’s license.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Flexible and enjoy varied tasks.
- Computer skills required.