Job Title: Business Services Manager
Reports to: CFO
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Grade: 8, exempt
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. To help build and maintain a diverse team, CWS actively seeks candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, use of a guide or support animal, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
This position is responsible for providing shipping, inventory, mailing, general purchasing and other business services.
Printing and Mailing Services
- Works with fund raising, marketing and other CWS staff to provide mailing services.
- Handle special mailings and daily mailing needs.
- Coordinate with Data Management staff handling order entry, data extracts, regular mailings and special requests.
- Print materials and secure special products as requested.
- Generate purchase orders and requests.
- Oversee the incoming and outgoing daily mail.
Inventory and Warehouse
- Oversee the warehouse and stockroom in the Elkhart Office.
- Ensure that material orders are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for all shipping activities related to the Elkhart Office.
- Maintain inventory and keep staff ordering materials abreast of the material inventory and needs.
- Responsible for serving as CWS depot for collecting clean-up buckets and kits.
Supplies, Equipment and Furniture
- Purchase general supplies, small equipment and furniture.
- Work with the Operations Project Manager on major vendor relationships and purchases.
- Process and approve requests from CWS offices.
- Generate purchase orders as needed.
- Handle daily maintenance on the Elkhart facility.
- Oversee Elkhart facility security services.
- Assist helping other offices with moves, start-up and close-down as needed.
- Work closely with managers in Elkhart and throughout the organization in providing priority services.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Remain flexible to meet changing organizational needs.
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player.
- Service and customer orientation.
- Focus on details and accuracy.
- Dependability is key.
- Computer skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred