Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports To: Global Director of HR
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
The Human Resource Manager reports to our head of HR and is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of Generalist functions in human resources and will work closely with the senior management of our various domestic & global business units.
- Leads and manages our staff recruitment process.
- Provides advice, counsel and support to the senior management in such areas as succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development and compensation and benefits.
- Works as a member of the global HR team to design, develop and, where appropriate, localize human resources programs and policies
- Provides backup and support as needed to our HR Analyst on our various HRIS programs.
- Works with leadership, supervision and staff on employee relations issues, inclusive of issues related to our CBU.
- Monitors & reports on key human resources metrics (e.g. turnover, exit interviews, staffing activity, compensation trends etc.) and recommends approaches and actions to leadership.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment for the US domestic staff and in all other countries of operation.
- Participates in leadership & staff team meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A hands-on mission based approach to complex global HR work.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification or related credentials preferred.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a Human Resources-related field preferred.
- A minimum of five years human resource experience required. Prior experience working with a collective bargaining unit preferred. Prior global HR experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the accepted body of HR expertise: talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, HR technology, employee and labor relations, talent and performance management and learning and development.
- Ability to apply the principles and practices of HR management to contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to work as a team member with and support for operating units while maintaining the objectivity and distance required to serve as both an employee advocate and risk manager for the organization.
- Skill at addressing and diffusing conflict.
- Skill at raising concerns about decisions or approaches that could cause legal risk or negatively impact staff.
- Skill at communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Skill at remaining neutral and confidential.
- Skill in the use of various technologies required by the position.