Position Title: Data Processing Assistant
Reports to: Income and Data Processing Manager
Team: Income and Data Processing Department
Status: Non-Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
CWS is looking for a personable and detail-oriented individual to provide data entry and clerical support in the Income and Data Processing Department. Duties include generating a variety of printed letters and statements, maintaining donor and event records in a custom database, processing grant approvals and payments and handling calls from church and community volunteers. The ideal candidate will have experience in Microsoft Office and will perform tasks with keen attention to detail.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
- Pull reports and merge files to generate donor receipt letters each day. Send special acknowledgment letters as requested. Work closely with Business Services Department to maintain records of letter counts.
- Manage print jobs for special mailings, including letters, mailing labels, envelopes, certificates and other outputs as needed. (Some print jobs are done daily; others biweekly, monthly or yearly.)
- Print documentation for gifts made online to be entered in the donor database.
- Scan photos, logos, signatures and other objects necessary for print projects.
- Send rejected checks back to donors.
- Assist with merging and printing Treasurer’s Packet materials to be shipped each month.
- Maintain database records of supporters and volunteers. Data maintenance tasks include creating, editing, merging and marking records as deleted when necessary.
- Enter material orders received by phone, mail and online sources into database. Serve as backup for packing and shipping orders from warehouse.
- Maintain records of Global Impact ISA donors. Pull giving reports and enter information in memos on donor records.
- Download files from online volunteer portal for entry in database.
- Enter gift information from individuals, churches, foundations and government agencies and other organizations into the database, ensuring that special designations are noted for accounting and receipting.
- Enter data from CROP Hunger Walk Treasurer’s Reports when received.
- Scan and attach files to event and donor records in the database.
- Serve on the Donor Experience Team by responding to phone or email inquiries from donors, volunteers and staff regarding giving donations, changing mailing preferences, looking up CROP Hunger Walk details, checking on agency grant payments and other information.
- Take phone orders for fundraising materials to be shipped to churches, CROP Hunger Walk leaders and field staff.
- Monitor separate email account for requests received through after-hours service.
- Process and approve grant applications from hunger-fighting agencies that qualify as recipients of proceeds raised from CROP Hunger Walk events held across the country. Work with remote staff to acquire necessary documentation for approvals. Mail grant payments and merged cover letters to agencies. Maintain record of urgent payment requests and communicate special requests to Chief Financial Officer for processing. Manage filing of applications and IRS documentation. Complete forms for stop payments of lost/uncashed checks and reissue checks to agencies when needed.
- Check contents of participant collection envelopes and forward any cash or checks to Income Processing for deposit.
- Enter “Sister Agency” designations on CROP Hunger Walk records each month.
- Participate in Service Center meetings, Donor Experience Team meetings, Income and Data Processing Department meetings and training when scheduled.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates for this position should have the following:
- General office experience with copiers, printers, phone systems and other standard office equipment
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, especially mail merge features
- Strong data entry skills, with careful attention to accuracy
- Positive and professional interpersonal/communication skills