Position Title: Associate Director, Marketing & Digital Media
Reports To: Director of Development, IRP+
Team: Immigration and Refugee Program (IRP)
Location: New York, New York
Starting Salary: Commensurate With Experience
Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service is a faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable responses to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
To Apply: Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system. CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
Primary Purpose: The Associate Director of Marketing will work with Development and External Relations and staff to conceptualize and facilitate marketing strategies to elevate name recognition and public knowledge about CWS programs dealing with refugees and immigrants. The incumbent will help inform and expand the existing support base. He or she will have a creative approach that seeks to enhance support and increase the CWS audience for immigrants’ rights and refugee protection and resettlement. The Associate Director will work alongside a team of marketing, resource generation and communications staff members and work collaboratively with the IRP program and advocacy teams to manage internal communications and articulate the work of IRP to existing and potential IRP supporters.
She or he will focus primarily on designing marketing materials and concepts that will align with media and fundraising strategies developed by the Director of Development and Director of External Relations. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in digital platforms, web design and maintenance, strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience in crafting and implementing successful marketing strategies to help change public opinion and mobilize opportunities for support.
- Design, develop and monitor effective, engaging and cohesive marketing materials that increase visibility and support for immigrants’ rights and refugee protection and resettlement.
- In coordination with the Director of External Relations, draft engaging social media copy and create original visual content that aligns with our fundraising and communications strategy priorities.
- In coordination with the Director of Development and the Director of External Relations, design graphics for both email and website use tailored for our target audiences.
- In conjunction and coordination with the Directors for Development and External Relations, generate marketing materials for use with a wide variety of external audiences.
- Liaise with relevant CWS staff on web presence and digital media needs, including but not limited to work on Greateras1.org, CWS’ social media presence, and other areas, as needed.
- Coordinate with communications staff members on general organizational communication projects such as messaging development, and execution of external materials such as the annual report.
- Ensure implementation and understanding of a consistent messaging strategy that is reflected across all product and service programs, as well as internal communications.
- Serve as a member of the IRP Expanded Leadership Team.
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred) in communications, media, journalism, digital media or other relevant areas.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications, digital media, and/or public or client relations.
- Experience managing successful marketing campaigns to educate the public, increase donations and volunteers, and mobilize action around advocacy priorities.
- Fluency in website and graphic design and management; contact management databases, and social media platforms.
- Expertise with audio/visual, camera, and video equipment to capture events, program work, and stock photos to film and produce short videos for internal and external use.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite or other comparable design, photo and video editing software preferred.
- Familiarity with SEO, online ad buys, and online marketing best practices.
- Direct experience with WordPress, Salesforce and email marketing.
- Experience producing effective messaging for campaigns and materials.
- Expertise in emerging new media opportunities and knowledge of best practices of engagement.
- Strong web design and management skills.
- Excellent research, organizational, interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills with particular attention to detail.
- Quick thinker with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environment; excellent social networking skills; experience planning, executing and managing multiple projects with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate leadership in communicating personal commitment to CWS’ values,
motivating others to share those values.
- Communicate organization-wide strategies, priorities, policies, programs and services
to staff, stakeholders and the public.
- Serve as a CWS representative in a variety of forums, proactively identifying
opportunities to elevate CWS’ work and priorities.
- Assure CWS’ mission and values are not compromised in the development and
implementation of strategic plans.
- Work in a way consistent with CWS’ intended organizational style of teamwork, shared decision-making and transparency of information.
- Demonstrate wisdom and fairness in weighing recommended solutions to problems, considering core values, financial resources and organizational impact.