Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Director of Development Operations
Location: Elkhart, IN
Team: Funds Development and Marketing
Status: Non-Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
In this administrative position, you will be responsible for supporting a variety of advanced administrative functions for multiple teams, primarily supporting our fund raising teams in Events and Congregations. This includes routinely working with volunteers and donors, creating spreadsheets, managing multiple projects involving complex and confidential data, and providing guidance and assistance to other CWS staff.
This position is also responsible for coordinating and executing a broad knowledge of processes and procedures specific to CWS. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic group of motivated professionals at various levels and an excellent opportunity to showcase your customer service skills.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- 3 to 5 years administrative support experience
- Flexible demeanor, pro-active thinker with positive client-focused attitude
- Previous experience in a professional services environment a plus, but not required
- Advanced Microsoft Office 2013 skills essential
- Prefer strong experience with Salesforce or CRM database software
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing moderately complex and confidential data
- Comfortable with telephone interactions and making calls
- Continuously seeks ways to improve efficiency
- Aptitude to create and work with advanced spreadsheets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities as necessary to meet deadlines
- Ability to take direction, follow procedures, and ask appropriate questions
- Can complete tasks independently as well as work collaboratively with the team
- Ability to handle stress while operating with a sense of urgency and using good judgment
- Serve as a first point of contact with volunteers and donors
- Provide administrative support primarily to our Funds Development and Marketing team
- Provide data entry, report and research support utilizing organization-wide CRM database
- Participate in monthly meetings relating to job tasks, assist with keeping the team on task with notes, and sending out to team members in a timely fashion
- Assist with team invoice processing, expense tracking and approval procedures
- Assist colleagues in Service Center with a variety of tasks
- Maintain client information in multiple computer applications, organizational systems: electronic and paper
- Serve as back up for other remote staff as required
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Administrative Assistant: High school diploma and/or 3 years progressive experience in an office environment.