Position Title: Job Developer/Resettlement Program Case Manager
Reports To: Sub-Office Director
Team: Immigration & Refugee – Palm Beach Office
Status: Non-Exempt, Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Provide employment services including but not limited to job development, employment counseling, job placements and job upgrades to eligible program clients in order to help them achieve self-sufficiency and an effective resettlement as quickly and expeditiously as possible.
- Responsible for assisting clients of the Match Grant Program in the process of job search and placement. Clients will be assisted with skills assessment, job orientations and they will be offered technical assistance in the job search process, including resume writing, cover letter, job opening search, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating job development activities for clients with program case managers and other in-house staff for prompt placement, timely enrollment and other related activities.
- Maintain case management information including: case recording, record keeping, tracking client’s job search activities, employment follow ups, job development history etc. Ensure timely submission of program statistics and narrative reports.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a current pool of employers such as companies, agencies, etc. that could offer employment opportunities and/or job training to the clients.
- Responsible for coordinating program recruitment activities, client and company screening and evaluation, and referrals to job opportunities.
- Ensure that all employment related forms are up-to-date, complete and in compliance with CWS and ORR contract requirements.
- Coordinate interpretation and translation services to refugee clients.
- Conduct home visits as mandated by the program.
- Participate in community events to disseminate program information and recruit potential clients.
- Stays abreast of refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to refugees, using current information to better identify and serve refugee clients.
- Coordinate and assist in apartment set-up for refugees as required.
- Works varied hours, including nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Palm Beach Sub-Office Director, CWS/IRP Miami Director and/or their designee.
Qualifications: Education: Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 3 years related work experience. Degree in Business Administration preferred.
Experience: Previous work experience with refugee resettlement case management or other direct social services.
Computer literacy, using word processing and database applications, excel and PowerPoint programs. Spanish fluency required. Must have a valid driver’s license.