Position Title: Paralegal
Reports To: Senior Paralegal
Team: Immigration & Refugee – Palm Beach County
Assist the Attorney and/or other paralegals in the preparation of the case files including compiling application packets in an accurate fashion by completing required accompanying documents and providing interpretation/translation for attorney(s) and/or clients when necessary. Perform outreach in the community. This position is stationed in Palm Beach County; however, may have to travel to the CWS Broward Office when necessary.
Click here to apply for this job
- Analyze each applicant to determine eligibility for desired immigration benefit.
- Spot potential problems and issues in each instance that may prevent applicant from receiving desired benefit.
- Identify potential solutions for identified issues and problems.
- Conduct intake and/or exit interviews and determine client eligibility for services.
- Assist clients in completing their immigration applications, including, but limited to employment authorization (I-765); permanent residence (I-485); asylum (I-589); parole renewal (I-94); citizenship (N-400).
- Compile application packets in an accurate fashion by completing required accompanying documents, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, photographs, translations, etc.
- Develop and maintain accurate Case List and manage case files.
- Stay abreast of developments in immigration laws and changes in procedures.
- Act as interpreter or translator as needed.
- Review and clip relevant newspaper articles and file for later reference.
- Performs outreach during evening and weekends when necessary.
- Work from community partners locations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
Previous work experience with asylum seekers, refugees, asylees, and immigrant entrants. Fluency in Spanish or Haitian Creole required.
Strong computer literacy with knowledge of word processing and database applications. Ability to use standard office equipment in performing varied activities. Attention to detail. Respect of confidentiality. Strong English writing skills.