Reporting to Deputy Executive Director, the Customer Services Loan Specialist will execute all loan database processes between the International Organization for Migration “IOM”, the CWS resettlement system “IRIS”, and the CWS loan system, including resolution of all reconciliation issues, credit reporting, and other control activities.
Click here to apply for this job
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform major monthly loans processes – generate statements and letters; closed the month in the loan system; import data from IRIS and ePNs and create new billing accounts; transmit reconciliations to IOM; and generate the data file.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, improve daily operations by setting priorities, communicate and anticipate effects of work that impacts others in the loan unit, and adjust work patterns to smooth-out workloads as needed.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, direct the work flow of the travel loan unit.
- Become proficient in the complexities and requirements of IOM memorandum of understanding “MOU” to assist with the management of the CWS loan system to comply with the MOU requirements.
- Work with supervisor to ensure contract and legal compliance procedures are in place and followed by the travel loan unit.
- Work closely with IOM, IRIS, credit bureau, Quantrax, Apex and CWS resettlement and accounting staff to resolve issues and differences.
- Insure integrity of loan system data by testing it and communicate needs to Supervisor or other appropriate stakeholder.
- Provide Supervisor and finance office with reconciled audit trail of all processes and adjustments each month.
- Help ensure appropriate written approvals are obtained when needed and that appropriate documentation to support transactions is electronically recorded in the loan system.
- Monitor all incoming loans related e-mails – resolve or distribute issues as appropriate. Track all issues requiring follow-up with clients.
- Respond to telephone, email and mail inquiries, process payments, and answer questions while adhering to the highest level of customer service.
- Providing timely responses to refugee clients and high-quality information, demonstrating a consistent commitment to problem solving, and exhibiting respectful behavior.
- In accordance with IOM policies, negotiate new payment agreements as necessary and generate letters of deferment and/or reduction explaining new loan terms.
- Assist refugee clients in researching and resolving missing payments and other loans-related problems.
- Ensure accurate documentation of all client communication within the loan system including case notes, correspondence, and changes in loan terms, etc.
- Ensure that all activities are within the guidelines of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Debt Credit Reporting Act (FDCRA).
- Provide ongoing guidance to refugee clients, affiliates, and co-sponsors on the travel loan program and the way in which it operates as requested.
- Provide information about U.S. financial and credit systems, including the need to establish a good credit history.
- Maintain current addresses for clients, including employing skip tracing techniques, updating database, and research.
- Analyze, reconcile and maintain control of assigned delinquent loans, providing proper communication as necessary under the guidance of the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- A minimum of three years accounting experience required.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with evidence of good judgment and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act, and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex information easily and accurately.
- Ability to anticipate priorities and work independently, while organizing work in view of deliverables required of the team; proficiency in carrying out multiple tasks efficiently, accurately, and on deadline.
- Languages: English required; ability to speak additional language preferred.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Deep commitment to CWS’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.