Reports To: Assistant Director Marketing
Location: Elkhart, Indiana or other nearby locations
Salary: $44,000 – $48,000
Status: Exempt; Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
The Email Marketing Specialist is part of our highly creative and collaborative marketing team that seeks to relate the compelling story and work of CWS and provide supporters, volunteers and advocates with relevant and engaging ways to get involved. Leveraging direct experience, industry best practices and team resources, this person will be responsible for writing, editing and designing mass email messages in support of the fundraising, communications and advocacy goals of the organization. This person will also provide direct support to fundraisers and donors who have technical questions.
- Create email templates and template-based messages, including content writing, copyediting, visual design and layout, using basic HTML as necessary.
- Develop and maintain stewardship messaging tracks for monthly donors, recognition group members and other sector-based communications.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of other highly relevant, personalized messages that are automatically triggered based on supporter activity, including a welcome series for new supporters and recognition messaging for event fundraisers.
- Collaborate with other staff to maintain agency-wide calendar of mass email campaigns.
- Assist team members and staff with identifying CWS audiences and creating related data segments within our CRM and email marketing platform.
- Track email performance metrics, analyze data and make recommendations for specific improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Design and implement A/B tests to identify the most effective language, frequency and timing for email messaging.
- Provide staff training and support for localized email messaging on our mass email platform.
- Manage the organization’s main information email account, responding to or forwarding inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledgebase articles for event fundraising website and provide related assistance to donors and supporters by phone and email.
- Write and edit content for donor acknowledgement letters and email messages.
Ongoing Marketing Support
- Write, edit and proofread content for websites, direct mail packages and other marketing materials as needed.
- Develop PowerPoint and/or Prezi files for fundraising staff.
- Back up communications staff with the population and maintenance of social media accounts.
- Identify and support new donor outreach and other promotional opportunities.
- Assist with video production projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S., preferably in communications, interactive marketing or a related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 1-2 years of professional email marketing experience; experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget or similar systems a plus.
- Excellent writing skills and professional writing experience, with the ability to clearly communicate the organization’s mission to a variety of audiences in relevant, engaging ways; writing samples will be required.
- Strong verbal communications skills and experience providing high-quality phone support to constituents.
- Basic understanding of HTML, sufficient to customize email templates and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience balancing multiple projects and managing time to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality or creativity.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to proactively identify opportunities to advance the organization’s marketing and engagement with supporters, volunteers and advocates.
- Desire to work with a creative team in a nonprofit environment; experience with nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing preferred.