Reports To: Grant Accounting and Compliance Manager
Location: Elkhart, IN
Salary Range: $40,086 – $50,107
Status: Non-Exempt; Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Please visit the link below to apply directly online to this position.
Please note that CWS does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
CWS uses Applicant Stack for all communications, please be sure to check your e-mail frequently and please check your junk/spam folder. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
The Accounting Specialist focuses on post-award grant and payroll accounting functions ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, funding source administrative guidelines, organizational policy and protocols and other legal and organizational requirements.
- Performs post-award grant accounting functions, including expense and budget analysis, labor and central cost allocations and account reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries, reviews accounts payable and credit/charge card expenses, and assists in the reconciliation of the local financial system with the central G/L and bank accounts to ensure accuracy and makes any needed adjustments.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes payroll costs and finance related payroll matters, and reconciles as needed.
- Prepares payroll, salary and related accounts journal entries for each payroll to record payroll activity, including establishing appropriate liabilities.
- Monitors and analyzes all payroll related accounts for accuracy, reconciles discrepancies, and prepares necessary journals.
- Works with the Grant Accountant directly on daily tasks.
- Assists with time and effort reporting system, ensuring it is complete and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Provides support for organizational audits as well as reviews and audits by funding sources and other grant partners.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- College degree or advanced education or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience in Accounting, Finance, Payroll, or related field.
- Requires strong General Ledger skills
- Experience with Government Grant Accounting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.